The Lord of the Rings trilogy will always be a favourite for me,within a few hours I could be travelling across Middle Earth in The Shire, Rivendell or Mordor but still remain where I have been seated. One of the things that makes these books so amazing, are the characters that Tolkien has created and gifted to us. Here are some of my favourites:
- Frodo Baggins- the young hobbit on a mission to destroy the ring
- Gandalf the Grey- the wizard and leader of The Fellowship of The Ring (he returns from death as Gandalf the White)
- Gollum- a hobbit destroyed by the desire to be with ‘my precious’
- Aragorn- a brave man who also lead and fought bravely until the end of the ring
- Gimli- a dwarf warrior chosen to represent the dwarves during The Fellowship of The Ring
- Galadriel- the elf, Lady of the Light
- Treebeard- the eldest of the Ents, living in the forest of Fangorn
- Radagast- the Brown Wizard who helped and didn’t help the War of the Ring
These are not all my favourites as there are quite a lot but I definitely recommend reading and watching The Lord of The Rings as well as the prequel, The Hobbit.
Keep reading, bookworms!